BEFORE MICRO-NEEDLING TREATMENTS:
Prior to micro-needling treatment, please observe the following:
- No Retine-A products or applications 12 hours prior to your treatment.
- No auto-immune theraties or products 12 hour prior to your treatment.
- No prolonged sun exposure to the face 24 hours prior to your treatment.
- A mocro skin needling treatmentwill not be administered on sunburned skin.
- On the day of the treatment, please keep your face clean and do not apply makeup.
- If a active or extreme breakout occurs before the treatment, please consult your practitioner.
WHAT CAN BE EXPECTED:
After your micro skin needling treament, please be aware and observe the following:
- Immediately after your treatment, you will look as though you have a moderate to severe sunburn and your skin may feel warmer and tighter than useal. This is normal and will subside after 1-2 hours and you will normally diminish within the same day or 24 hours. You may see slight redness after 24 hours but only in minimal areas or spots.
- Your practitioner will discuss post-procedure skin care following the treatment to help sooth, calm and protect the skin. Continue to treat the skin gently for 5 days. Normal skincare can be resumed again after Day 1.
- For advanced sessions repeat treatment every 2 weeks.
- Other options are to do a session once every 4 weeks and roll in-between with your home roller kit.
AFTE MICRO-NEEDLING TREATMENT:
Be certain to the following post-treatment instructions:
- CLEAN – Use a gentle cleanser and tepid water to cleanse the face for the following 24 hours and gently dry the treated skin. Always make sure your hands are clean when touching the treated area.
- HEAL – Serum antioxidants, collagen or Vit A are recommended post-treatment as the properties are ideal to help the skin. These products can help sooth the skin and lessen irritation.
- HYDRATE – Following your micro skin needling treatment, your skin may feel drier than normal. Hyaluronic Acid is an ideal ingredient to hydrate and restore the skin back to perfect balance.
- STIMULATE – In the days following your micro skin needling treatment, and as the skin starts to regenerate, collagen stimulating peptides are ideal to continue the stimulation.
- MAKEUP – It is recommended that makeup should not be applied for 24 hours after the procedure. Do not apply any makeup with a makeup brush, especially if it is not clean.
- PROTECT – Immediately after the procedure, apply a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with an SPF 25 or greater. A chemical-free sunscreen is highly recommended.
WHAT TO AVOID:
To ensure the proper healing environment, be certain to observe the following:
- For at leats 3 days post treatment, do NOT use any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula) or anything preceived as ‘active’ skincare.
- Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for 24 hours. No tanning beds.
- Do not go swimming for atleast 24 hours post-treatment.
- No exercising or strenuous actvity for the first 24 hours post-treatment. Sweating and gym environments are harmful, rife with bacteria, and may cause advanse reaction