ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW….
Can I choose the shape and the colour?
You will have the opportunity to discuss shape and colour with the cosmetic tattoo artist. In proposing a design for you, we will take into consideration your age, personality, current use of makeup, daily activities, and the colour and undertones of the skin.
Who is it good for?
Obviously the great thing about permanent makeup is that it doesn’t smudge. It doesn’t wash off, smear, or run. You will look great after a hot shower or a long workout. Permanent makeup is also great for anybody who just generally has trouble with regular makeup. If you have cosmetic allergies, this can make your life way easier. You don’t have to worry about searching for special products or doing any painful trial and error. If you have some other condition that makes actually applying makeup difficult, this can be ideal for you. If your hands shake or you just can’t see what you are doing without your glasses, this can make your morning routine so much better.
Is this the same as a tattoo?
Yes, permanent makeup are a cosmetic tattoo. Any procedure that implants pigment or ink into the skin is a tattoo, and it is permanent.
Are the pigments safe?
Specially formulated pigments have been created for the face and this is all we use. Our pigment selections are of the highest grade and quality that undergo strict testing and regulations.
How long does an appointment normally take?
Eyeliner, Full Lip, & Lip Liner procedure will take about an hour.
Solid Eyebrow procedure will take anywhere between 1-2 hours due to shaping.
Will permanent cosmetics fade?
Yes. It will last up to 5-6 years depending from client to client and you will need to consider a touch up. More touch up’s may be required for eyeliner if you suffer from teary eyes or to reach your desired colour, but most clients are satisfied after two sessions. Lips and lip liner may require more than one touch up due to the fact the lips carry a lot of water.
Do permanent cosmetic procedures hurt?
Here at Butterfly Effect Salon we do our best to keep you comfortable and relaxed by only using our best tropical anaesthetics and gentle touch.
Are there any restrictions to having these procedures?
Yes, there can be some medical issues that may prevent us from working on you, however this is rare.
- If you are a diabetic, you must be in a controlled state, and your healing time may take longer.
- If you are on blood thinners or fish oil, you must be off from these for 2 weeks prior.
- If you are on a retin A or Accutane product, you must be off of these for 3 months.
- If you have had cosmetic surgery on your face, you must be healed at least 3 months.
- If you have cancer, you must be 6 months past your last chemotherapy.
- If you have done any lip fillers in the last month.
- If you are prone to fever blisters on your lips. (You need to take medication a week prior to your lip procedure.)
- If you using fever blister tablets you must continue course until lips are fully healed.
- There are no restrictions with Botox of the eyes, or forehead area. In some rare instances of asymmetry, we may
request you have Botox prior to your brows.
- If you are pregnant or nursing, you are not able to get a tattoo.
- If you have prior tattooing that was not done by us you need to schedule a consultation.
- Contact lenses must be removed on the day of the eyeliner procedure. (Bring with dark sunglasses as the eyes will be sensitive to light / sun light after the eyeliner procedure.
- Remember your eye and lip area can be swollen after a permanent make up procedure. (You will look and feel better by day 2 or 3)
Home Care Advice
- Healing time takes 5-7 days.
- Apply after care twice a day. (Morning & Evening)
- Your permanent make-up will look dark for the first week.
- You will lose 30-40% of your colour.
- Do not wet the area for the first week.
- Do not keep area too moist.
- Do not pick the scabs as it could form scarring.
- Touch up will be in 3-4 weeks.
- If you have done an eyeliner and your eyes feel a bit sensitive after the procedure. Get Brolene drops. Drop two drops in each eye and cover eyes for 30min with a damp cold compress.
- If eyes are still irritated and sensitive to light or feel scratchy it means that you might have gotten a Corneal Abrasion. Use Mylan Diclofenac 50mg until eyesight clears up and eyes feel better.